TamilNadu Election Results Live Update , Images – Election 2016
I’m forever thankful to the people of TamilNadu, says Jayalalithaa.
The results of much awaited Tamilnadu are decalred. This is among the few elections in the state,which have left analysts confused on the trends, with exit polls predicting too close to a race.The voter turn out in Tamilnadu was 74.25%
After half-a-day of counting, AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa looks poised for a win in the Tamil
Nadu Assembly elections. The three-time Chief Minister will be the first person after MGR to be elected to two contiguous terms.
Interestingly, these trends have emerged from across the state, not just in the west or south which may be read as traditional AIADMK support, and therefore representative of how this election will be called. In Chennai, though, the DMK has opposed the trend to gain back its stronghold from the ruling party.
Source: Election Commission of India
Most of the opinion and exit polls had predicted the DMK to win the elections.
The AIADMK fielded 227 candidates, leaving seven seats for its allies. But all of them contested with the AIADMK symbol of two leaves.
- As an AIADMK win appeared certain, boisterous celebrations erupted outside the residence of party leader and Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa in Chennai.
- In Tamil Nadu, the AIADMK proved exit polls wrong as it appeared on the course to retaining power. Its candidates led in 132 constituencies, with the DMK-Congress alliance in the lead in 69.
- If Tamil Nadu results hold, it will be the first time in decades that a CM is re-elected
Parties and Alliances in TamilNadu Elections 2016
With Tamil Nadu going to elections in the summer of 2016, all major political parties have begun preparations. DMK, the main opposition party, has announced that it will fight the elections together with the Congress. After splitting over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue a couple of years back, the two have come together once again for the upcoming elections.
Ruling party AIADMK has allied with smaller regional parties and given up seven of the 234 seats for them to contest. Vijaykanth’s DMDK has forged alliance with the People’s Welfare Front (PWF).
Political Parties in Tamil Nadu
The main state and regional parties are:
- All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK)
- Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK)
- Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
- Dravidar Kazhagam or Dravida Kazhagam (DK)
- Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK)
- Manithaneya Makkal Katchi
- Puthiya Tamilagam
- Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi
Majority in Tamil Nadu Election Result 2016
- Latest trends show AIADMK comfortably placed in Tamil Nadu: (203/234) DMK+ 81, AIADMK+ 120, BJP+ 1, Others 1
- Live Updates:
- Latest trends: (232/234) DMK+ 101, AIADMK+ 128, BJP+ 1, Others 2
- Trends: AIADMK 126, DMK 102, BJP 2, Others 2
Live Tamil Nadu Election Results 2016
The below list showing party wise 2016 election results for TamilNadu.
Tamil Nadu Assembly 2016 Party Wise Results